Getting smooth roaming experience in Airtel is easy and convenient. Just follow below tips:
Always check the international roaming tariff, network coverage and available bundles for your destination country before you travel. Choose your suitable roaming package to minimize the roaming cost. Click Here for details.
Prepaid: Roaming Balance: *778*10#
Postpaid: Roaming Bill: *1#
Roaming Combo Bundle Balance: Minutes: *222*47#, SMS: *222*48#, Data: *222*46#
Check available credit Limit / balance and ensure sufficient amount to avoid disconnection
For Postpaid, always check your USD endorsed credit card expiry date & update card info to avoid disconnection
Upon arrival at your destination country, restart your handset by turning it off & on (Not Airplane Mode).
Some general guidelines are:
For any unsolved issues while in roaming, please let us know mentioning your location, mobile number and description of the problem through:
[Call to Bangladesh rate from your visiting country will be applicable]
|Handset Type / Platform||How to manual select network|
|iPhone||Setting > Carrier > Select the correct preferred operator|
|Android||Setting > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Search for Network operators|
|Windows Phone||Start screen > swipe left > Setting > Cellular > Network selection > Select the network|
Do I need to register to enjoy these special rates?
- Yes, you have to register to enjoy simple & affordable roaming rates in 100 countries
How do I register for special Roaming offer?
- You can register by dialing *140*10*3#. Registration is free of cost.
I am a prepaid customer, will I be able to register and enjoy the special roaming offer?
- This offer is only available for postpaid roaming customer
What if I am already a postpaid roaming customer and did not register?
- In this case, you will not be able to enjoy simple & affordable roaming rates in 100 countries. Your charge will be depending upon roaming partner’s regular roaming charge.
I had already registered for special roaming offer during my previous visit abroad do I need to register again?
- You will only need to register to special roaming offer once, after that whenever you travel abroad you will get the special rates.
How I will be charged for 50MB internet pack?
- Once you’re registered for roaming internet pack and visit any roaming partner network with internet pack option and start using internet roaming service you will automatically fall under the category of 50MB internet pack for a day and you will be charged Tk 800 for first 50 MB. If you use more than (>) 50MB and less than (<) 100MB you will fall in 2nd slab and you will be charge (Tk 800*2=Tk 1600) and so on.
If I register for roaming internet pack and do not use internet service, will I be charged for Internet roaming pack?
- If you register for Roaming internet pack and do not use internet roaming service you won’t be charged for roaming internet pack. Please make sure that your internet is turned off from your smartphone so that it doesn’t automatically update apps in the background and utilize unnecessary internet.
What do I require to have a Airtel International Roaming subscription?
- The following requirement needs to be fulfilled to have international roaming subscription:
Can I activate Roaming even after leaving Bangladesh?
- Yes, you can! Send your passport scan copy and credit card scan copy at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the replied instructions accordingly.
What should I do if my Credit Card validity is less than 6 months?
- If you intend to travel abroad within these 6 months, then the credit card validity can be excused. In that case, your roaming profile will be deactivated automatically upon your card’s expiry and therefore you are requested to Re-activate the service with the New Card again.
15% Supplementary Duty (SD) , 15 % VAT on tariff inclusive of SD and 1% surcharge on base tariff will be applicable.